[rescue] WTB: optical fibre

Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski rambo at id.uw.edu.pl
Thu Nov 8 03:07:35 CST 2007

> > MD-11 as in the jetliner?  or is there something else called a MD-11
> > that i am unaware of?
>
> Either way, he'll want to head to www.fiberopticproducts.com

Thanks for the link, will look if they can sell me the length I need.

Your initial guess is correct, I'm talking about an aircraft- 1:200
scale to be exact, and mine's gonna actually be an UPS freighter.
Got idea to make it interesting by installing landing/taxiing lights
and navigation/beacon/strobes. As you possibly thinking
now for the latter there would be LEDs required that actually are
less than 1 mm in diameter. So my idea is to have big and strong
LEDs installed inside the fuselage along with gate array circut, and
"transport" the light to wingtips with optical fibre. Also that's why
rwequirement for them to be bare, so I can fit the fibre inside the
wings without dangerously diminishing thickness of their plastic
surfaces.

Rambo

--
McDonald's -- Because you're worth it.