[rescue] Parts Needed for Rescued Equipment

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Mon Nov 5 22:38:40 CST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 7:38 PM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

> Well, I went ahead and ordered the ones that bear recommended.  The
> ones that I need have card-edge connectors on the backs of them, much
> like an old ISA card.  So, hopefully those are right.  I'll let
> everyone know when I get them in.

Shit, I should've been more clear. I only intended to find photos
similar to the trays for each machine. In the case of the F50 there
are in fact several styles, but each are essentially mechanically
interchangeable (barring the differences between SCSI and SSA sleds).

There are apparently dozens of different styles of sleds which are
visually similar to the ones for the B50 and I cannot be certain
which are mechanically compatible with it. There are different
heights (1", 1.6", 2"), apparently some with card-edge connectors,
some which just secure the drive directly to the backplane, similar
to a SUN spud... etc.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you wound up with the ones you need.

ok
bear