[rescue] Parts Needed for Rescued Equipment

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sat Nov 3 23:28:15 CDT 2007

On Sunday 04 November 2007 00:22, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
> > The first is an RS/6000 7043 B50 2U server.  The machine has a gig
> > of RAM and an installed frame buffer.  Not sure what I'll do with
> > the card, but it should be a neat machine to work with.  I am,
> > however, missing the drive sleds.  Does anyone know a good source
> > of such sleds?  I have found some on eBay, but they have drives in
> > them (the last thing I need are more SCA disks), and they are
> > expensive.
>
> Unfortunately, IBM never sold that sled without a drive in it, so you
> might have trouble finding those sleds loose.  Not all of them have
> SCA disks in them, either.  Some have 68-pin drives in them.

For work, I'm pretty sure we've been able to get empty sleds (I'm not
sure what type the B50 uses, but we've got ones for F50/H50 type
machines) from an IBM reseller...maybe a used equipment reseller, so
I'd be suprised if they're not available.

If you can verify that they're the same type as the IBM Fx0 and Hx0
models used, I've got some spare...

Pat