[rescue] Parts Needed for Rescued Equipment

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 15:24:51 CDT 2007

During my last visit to the local electronics recycler, I picked up 2
pieces of kit that I have been wanting for a while.

The first is an RS/6000 7043 B50 2U server.  The machine has a gig of
RAM and an installed frame buffer.  Not sure what I'll do with the
card, but it should be a neat machine to work with.  I am, however,
missing the drive sleds.  Does anyone know a good source of such
sleds?  I have found some on eBay, but they have drives in them (the
last thing I need are more SCA disks), and they are expensive.

The second is an HP zx6000 Itanium 2 workstation.  It's an impressive
looking machine, and quite reminiscent of the monolith from 2001.
However, I would like to run the original OS on it, and I don't have
any copies of hp-ux 11.23 for Itanium workstation.  I do have 11.11
for pa-risc, but that doesn't help me much.  Does anyone have a copy
of 11.23 TCOE or MTOE that they would like to part with, or any
reasonable source of such?  Again, I checked eBay, both current, and
completed auctions, to no avail.

Thanks!

J. Alexander Jacocks