[rescue] what to do with a dec alpha 255

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Thu May 31 09:38:12 CDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 12:46:43AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I went from DOS/Windows 3.1 to OpenVMS, then to FreeBSD, Linux (this
> was the 0.99.13 days), then to SunOS and Solaris.

Heh, my first multi-user system was also OpenVMS - think it was version
6.something running on a VAX and then an Alpha. I've since acquired a VAX
running OpenVMS 7.2 but it doesn't seem quite the same - I think I've
become a little too set in my UNIX ways since then.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/
mj at turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/