[rescue] fwd: Linux Foundation Prepares For Microsoft's Legal Action

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat May 19 22:14:38 CDT 2007

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 10:32:04PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> If the Atari 8-bit systems had had real 80 column support, I'd probably never
>> have gotten rid of mine.  Likewise I'd have kept an Apple II around for years
>> if it had better graphics like the Atari.
>
> I went from a TI-99/4A to an Atari 520STfm, but I don't remember what I did
> with the Atari after I got the Amiga 1000.  Probably sold it or gave it
> away, as I had an adapter that let me use the Atari monitor on the Amiga
> until I finally got a Commodore 1080 monitor.
>
>> Now I'm buying them again... :)
>
> I'm pretty much emulating everything I used to have, now, except for the
> Amiga stuff.

I do that, but you can't emulate hardware hacking.  You need a real machine
for that.

Ultimately, I'm probably going to move that stuff to a small 8-bit system,
6502 or Z80.

I want something I can learn inside and out for projects, and they have more
than enough power for most.

But then... there are other temptations as well.

If I ever find a VMEbus system with a good set of cards for cheap or free, I'm
doomed.  I'll forget to eat and everything.

--
shannon           | Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are scattered far,