[rescue] Q: best OS for Netra X1

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Mar 30 13:12:02 CDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 08:43:02AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Unfortunately SPARCE/IDE combinations suffer from a bug under Solaris
> 10 that makes ZFS unusably slow due a weird bug in the driver (this bit
> me on the AX1105 OEM board I set up a few months ago)... so if Solaris
> then I will use SVM instead.

I found a work around for that ZFS problem, BTW.  Certain latest
versions of Solaris 11 (newer than what I put on jdboyd.net) are
supposed to fix the problem anyway.  However, if using an unfixed
version of Solaris, the easy trick is to create a single slice
strip/concat on each disk, then ZFS the stripe/concats.  That's what I
did on jdboyd.net rather than give up ZFS.  Nice and relatively fast.