[rescue] Q: best OS for Netra X1

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Mar 30 07:36:01 CDT 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 3:46 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
>> Any reason to put anything other than Solaris 10 on a Netra X1?
>
> Besides that Solaris 10 sucks?
>
> Solaris 9 is still around and works just as well as it ever did.

I have found zones useful.

I have customers that have 300+ days of uptime with Solaris 10 (would
be more but I moved my customers to a Level3 datacenter about 300 days
ago) with 30 or more active zones on the server.  A few shell scripts
can make all the bad stuff that is started automatically with svcadm go
away.

That said, Solaris 9 was also a pretty decent release; so if you don't
use zones, I can see how useful that is.

--Patrick