[rescue] packing options for ultra 60

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Mar 7 23:26:45 CST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:52:58 -0600
"Brian Deloria" <bdeloria at gmail.com> wrote:

> With computer monitor's, double wall boxes are a must.  I couldn't use
> peanuts due to the fact they'ed crush under the 80lb weigrht of the 21"
> monitor.

I've never had that problem before.

What kind of peanuts were you using?

Some of them are pretty soft, but the normal white peanuts... I've shipped
200 pound items bundled in a pile of them with no crushing issues at all.

I wouldn't use them where a lot of weight was focused on a small area, but
then, I wouldn't use formed boxes or styrofoam either.

Usually in those cases, I create a hard wrap around the small area, and then
attach a flat cardboard panel, and fill in the empty space, to distribute the
weight evenly.

Ideally in those cases, you have the original packaging.

--
shannon           | Consulting wouldn't be what it is today without Microsoft