[rescue] packing options for ultra 60

Michael-John Turner mj at turner.org.za
Wed Mar 7 22:27:41 CST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 01:51:56PM -0500, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> I bought a Cisco switch off of here, and the dude took the large box, set
> the switch in there, and a roll of bubble wrap, still rolled up.

Urgh.

Reminds me of an R5K Indy that was sent to me by someone in New York (I
live in South Africa). He put it in a box with a few plastic peanuts and
hoped that would be enough. Naturally it arrived with a lot of the plastic
broken. Of course the fact that he didn't bother screwing in the HD didn't
help - it bounced around in the case, knocked out the CPU and bent a lot of
the CPU pins. All was not lost though - with some TLC I got the machine
working (although I did have to spend a few hours straightening the CPU
pins with my Leatherman!).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/