[rescue] Mac basement

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:42:54 CST 2007

On 2 Mar 2007, at 22:25, Peter Corlett wrote:

>> And I thought I was nuts because I have 10 or more Beige Macs...
>
> I can recommend moving three times in twelve months to make you
> reassess how much you actually need all those machines, especially if
> the places tend to get smaller with each move.

Yep that usually does it.

> Actually, what pretty much finished me off is when I wanted a server
> box and it turned out that none of my "spare" machines would actually
> work right. After about four hours of faffing around, I went "bugger
> this, I'm an IT professional not a skint student", and wandered off
> to Tottenham Court Road. #200 later, and I had a perfectly good brand
> new PC that does the job much better than any of my old junk would
> have done.

I made contingency there - at least one of my beige boxes will do me
as a server if needs be (not that I need anything other than the Mac
Pro now - it does everything except make coffee). If pressed I can
find uses for at least 4 of my 68ks aswell :o)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>