[rescue] [Rescue] DLT tape drive diagnostics?

Brian Deloria bdeloria at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:49:53 CST 2007

Quantum makes a program called "DLT Sage" that they often make you run
though before RMA'ing a drive.  If it's a regular DLT 40/70 then you need to
be running a solaris / peecee machine with a SCSI card, you can also use it
to check your tapes.  Sony & Quantum tapes have lifetime warranties so
simply sending them back to the manufacturer with the appropriate message
should get you a new tape within a week or two.

If you're running an SDLT you're supposed to be able to connect to the drive
via an infared port on the front that is there for autoloaders?  There's
software for a peecee that runs that, I think that there was one that ran on
pocket pc as well so all you'd need is a small handheld and you'd be all
set.