[rescue] SFU on Windows, etc (was: Re: OS X is certified UNIX)

Ronald Gilchrist unixrescue at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 22:24:41 CDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
> The only issue I've had with putty is getting the settings right to
> forward remote X to xming. Can't get that to work for some reason.

It's pretty straight forward. In the putty config section:
Connection->SSH->X11 put a tick in 'Enable X11 Forwarding'.

On the remote host (assuming openssh on RHEL 4) in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config make sure there is a line like this:

X11Forwarding yes

and restart the ssh daemon.

That's all I had to do. Also worked on Slackware 10.x/11.x using
slackware packages and personally compiled binaries.

RG