[rescue] Big Iron available in/near Minneapolis

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jul 27 21:34:53 CDT 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>> That's on my very short list of systems that I would drive nearly
>> anywhere in the nation to "rescue".
>
> Why not just pick up a late-model S/390?

Because I have neither three-phase power nor a commercial need for a
mainframe.  Also, the MP3000 is a lot smaller.

> Hell, you can get a small z900 for about the cost of a Hyundai, so I'd
> wager even that machine will be affordable soon.

A tempting idea, but I couldn't justify spending that much money on a
computer.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us