[rescue] "Solaris 1.1.1" Boxed Set

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Fri Jul 20 16:40:09 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 02:31:30PM -0700, Paxton  wrote:
> On 7/20/07, Dave K <davek08054 at gmail.com>wrote:
>> While cleaning out some old cabinets at $WORK, I came across a very
>> nice (and expensive looking) box with "Solaris 1.1.1". While the box
>> has been previously opened,  The two CDROMs are still in their
>> original shrink wrap, and it looks like the manuals have not been
>> opened.
>>
>> Does this have any particular value?
>
> Yes, If I had it I would be lisiting it on eBay. Clean boxed OS sets
> bring decent money from collectors.
>
> There are not enough of them sold for me to determine a value.
> Probaably about $20 to $60, maybe more depending on condition and
> completeness.

For reference, I paid $25 for Solaris 1.1.2 off ebay back in 2001, which
I think was still shrinkwrapped when I got it, if not, it was at least
in damn near new condition.

A couple of years ago I got NextSTEP 3.3 for RISC (Sparc & HPPA) for
$35.  It was in nowhere near as nice condition as the Solaris set.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org