[rescue] SCSI DVD drives

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jul 11 04:42:17 CDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 11:21:23AM +0200, Clemson, Chris wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get (or who makes) a decent non-slot loading SCSI
> DVD drive for a desktop?

I don't believe they exist. You're looking at an IDE one with a SCSIDE
converter. Even if you buy a "SCSI" drive, it's likely to just be an IDE one
with a SCSIDE converter already fitted.

I have a regular 50 pin SCSIDE adaptor plugged into a Pioneer DVR-A10. They
were about thirty quid each. (It's in an external case so I can use it on
the Ultra 30, Amiga 1200 or PowerMac.)

> Any that can be multi-regioned would be even better!

Good luck. It's probably better to just avoid player software that checks
the region in the first place.