[rescue] Entertaining printers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jul 8 00:04:47 CDT 2007

Thu, 05 Jul 2007 @ 11:38 -0700, Mr Ian Primus said:

> The DataProducts 600LPM band printer has this paper
> puller motor that runs at all times, even when the
> printer isn't printing (or on-line), and will
> eventually melt away the puller rollers or burn up the
> motor. Ribbon drive pulleys also like to melt. Weird
> ribbon cartridge design.

It wasn't that kind then, because this one would spool up and run for
abotu 2 minutes after the last job, and then shut down.

I can see it in my mind, just can't remember what kind.

One of my personal tragedies is that I lost all of the printouts I made
on that machine, tons of code I wrote in Ada, FORTRAN, C, and other
languages.

Along with those, I also lost all of my code listings from embedded
systems, UNIX machines, and IBM mainframes.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto