[rescue] fire v210 upgrade

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sat Jul 7 05:20:51 CDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:32:15 -0700, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> So, test day comes.  They fill up the system, bleed the air, and hit
> the switch for the pumps.  There's a hell of a bang, followed by a
> lot of water. Biblical proportions of water, in fact, as the entire
> system drained itself into the computer room in about 10 seconds.
> Everything in the pipes, plus bunchteen gallons from the chillers.

I think I can beat that ... work commissioned a new data centre on the
ground floor of a high rise hall of residence for students. Just a few
weeks before we were due to move the kit in, the sewage system went
bang in a big way and started dumping raw sewage from roughly 900
toilets into the room over an entire weekend.

Fortunately the concrete floor had been sealed so we didn't have to rip
it up and start again.