[rescue] printing alternatives?

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Fri Jul 6 13:50:36 CDT 2007

Mike Hebel wrote:
> That's because they don't _need_ the Cobalt port.  They are Peee-Ceees.

No, they're not.

A x86-compatible processor doesn't automatically make a box a PC any
more than a G5-powered eServer is automatically a Mac and capable of
running MacOS.

x86-based Cobalts are *built* to run Linux and at this point won't run
anything else - the porting work to make one boot *BSD simply hasn't
been done.

NetBSD kinda sorta boots, but it most certainly will require manual
intervention each time.

> It _might_ even load OpenBSD but I haven't looked into that.

Nope, Linux or not at all.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com