[rescue] printing alternatives?

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jul 6 12:23:33 CDT 2007

The steam powered teletype chattered and a message from James Hartley
rolled out in a wad of paper tape...
> I'm wrestling with making an old Cobalt Qube 2 into a print server (using
> NetBSD...).  I'm looking into printing alternatives, such as lpr, CUPS,
> lprNG, or Ghostscript.  Any & all comments as to configuration issues,
> which
> may be better or more extensible, most actively maintained, etc. would be
> greatly appreciated.

It'll work but unless you're printing a buttload of documents you might be
better off getting a cheap JetDirect box.  I think I paid all of $29
shipped for my external parallel one off of Flea-Bay.

What kind of printing and what kind of printer?

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, Think with mind uncluttered, Act with heart
unchained!