[rescue] Looking for Shark Rack Kits for Sun Ultra 2

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jul 5 11:11:24 CDT 2007

Bill wrote:

> ...AFAIK their kit was just a basic rack shelf with a
> "bezel" that fit the front of the U2 and filled the rest of
> the rack front space with blank panel.

   I am retiring some Shark Racks and the E3500s/E420s they held, and I
can attest that several Shark "super-duper rack units" where just, you
know, shelves with some fancy trim. I have one for An SSA11x JBOD that
was different simple because it *isn't* merely a shelf, but instead is
fan unit that accomodates the SSA's side-to-side airflow.

   I went shopping for other units that I could install in empty RU in
this rack (to hold U10s, CRTs, etc.) and they were also often just
shelves of some kind.

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & Unix System Administrator