[rescue] fire v210 upgrade

Mark Brown sunrescue at marknmel.com
Wed Jul 4 18:25:47 CDT 2007

Thog of Cave People wrote:
> Yeah, but by the same measure, multi-million-dollar SMP boxes should
> be in a decently clean and environmentally controlled data center.
> I'm sure you're not surprised when I say I've seen some real
> horrorshows.  (And, for $DEITY's sake, don't put a water line through
> the ceiling of the data center, especially if you live in
> geographically unstable areas....)

I hate to take this thread even further off topic - but - oh
well.....while in Rome....

Don't put your datacentre (Yes - I spelled that right - They say I'm a
little bit slow, I'm from Canada eh?) on the top floor of your building.

I inherited a shop like this once.  There was a good rainstorm one day,
and I had to get facilities to get umbrellas for my E3000 my E4500.
Seems that the flashing around the rooftop units was a little weepy.

Same datacentre takes outside air through the rooftop occasionally, and
really smells up the place sometimes.  Just a mile er...kilometer or two
from nearby farms.....eewwwww.

/M