[rescue] fire v210 upgrade

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:47:37 CDT 2007

On 7/4/07, Carl R. Friend <crfriend at rcn.com> wrote:
>     Pat her on the head when she reaches 30, will you?  One of the
> reasons I like "old-school" gear so much is that it's *not* over-
> engineered to the point of meaninglessness and that it was built
> to last more than the typical five (or, nowadays, three) year tax
> writeoff cycle.

Gotta say, Carl, you have a mighty impressive collection of
minicomputers and other cool things (slide rules, my favorites!), and
they really do show how well some of those things survive the years.
If only everything was designed that way these days--I could enjoy my
25-lb laptop ;)

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn