[rescue] Looking for a DB13w3 KVM, et al.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 27 21:57:08 CST 2007

>From: Ahmed Ewing <aewing at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/01/26 Fri PM 09:14:38 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] Looking for a DB13w3 KVM, et al.

>Hi All:
>
>It's been a while, so I'm throwing this out there again, half-court from the
>hip :) If anyone is able to part with any of the following, that would be
>appreciated. I'm in Cambridge, MA 02139 and am generally willing to meet in
>Eastern MA (Southern N.E. if the item is right).
>
>Currently most wanted:
>
>- A Sun KVM switch with DB13w3 ports. Way too many vintage Sun boxes, not
>enough space to keep vintage monitors to match. Cables would be a huge plus
>(unless standard cables are used on these, but I have a nagging suspicion
>that this is not the case).

<snip>

These aren't too hard to find, I bought one a while ago - it takes standard
13w3 & sun keyboard/mouse cable to each system, and either a 13w3 and sun
keyboard/mouse or a VGA monitor and PS/2 keyboard/mouse...

I'm looking for 13w3 and sun keyboard/mouse cables to use with mine ("cables
to go" is a bit too expensive for my needs)...

eBay item 290075339695 is one such example

eBay item 110077472185 is what I have, an Apex 10 port KVM with PS/2 VGA
console option - BIN for $20 + S/H

Lionel