[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 24 15:54:08 CST 2007

>From: Drew Schatt <schatt at schatt.com>
>Date: 2007/01/24 Wed PM 03:48:03 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

<snip>

>I was looking at these before I went with a Thecus 5200. I noticed
>that the Buffalo Terra Stations didn't appear to do NFS at all, which
>was a deal breaker for me. None of my machines use SMB (some support
>it, but none use it).

I just started playing with FreeNAS (freenas.org) - it looks nice, and it
supports SMB, FTP, AFP, and other choices. Can be installed on a USB key (if
your machine can boot off the USB ;^) and support software or hardware
RAID... All you need is a PC, one or more drives, and a few minutes to
configure it. A CD-ROM drive is needed for install though...

Lionel