[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:50:08 CST 2007

On 1/10/07, Meelis Roos <mroos at linux.ee> wrote:
> > > Especially as you can get SATA RAID controllers for ~#300.
>
> What specific controllers do you consider good?
>
> 3Ware is known to be solid and I can only agree.
> Areca seems good but I have no experience with it.
> Promise supposedly has some real RAID too (EX and maybe SX8 series?) but
> I don't know of any in production use.
>
> Any others that I missed?

3Ware, imo.  Reading the reviews of the Promise RAID controllers
around the web, they seem like more trouble than they are worth.

3Ware's controllers come with notification via email Windows and they
are supported on all the live CD Linux kernel's I've tried, as well as
having FreeBSD support.

But in this case, I would profer the Buffalo NAS, just because it is
less likely to be broken by a non-SA.

=Nadine=