[rescue] Bad Sectors

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 23 19:57:28 CST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:16:36 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke
<jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Bryan Gurney wrote:
>
>> Out of (founded) paranoia, I tend to retire a hard drive after two
>> years in my gaming system, relegating it to secondary duty.
>
> What could be more secondary than that?  Holding redundant copies of
> lists of cryptographic hashes of expired temporary files?

By "secondary duty", I mean the hard drive is reused in a kickaround
machine.  My 80 GB "large drive" (yeah, I don't have that much for files)
is now in my Ultra 5, and my 36 GB Raptor is in the old gaming box, which
now has Fedora Core 6 on it.