[rescue] Bad Sectors

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 21 13:59:14 CST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:43:30 -0500, Patrick Finnegan
<pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 21 January 2007 14:40, Aaron Finley wrote:
>> Fujistu 36GB 150000RPM U320
>
> Wow, I wouldn't want to get too close to that, incase it decides to
> head-crash.  How big of a motor does it need to spin that fast?
>
> Pat

I don't know if the motor is that much more powerful than in a 10K drive,
but the platters are definitely smaller:
http://www.fujitsu.com/hk/services/peripherals/hdd/pro_stor_hard_mas3.html

And of course, Seagate released their 2.5" SAS 15,000 RPM drive:
http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11638 .  Average seek time under 3ms!

HP's getting them first; those ought to be fun (and expensive) to run in a
DL360 G5 or DL380 G5.