[rescue] ZFS on V100

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jan 17 01:00:54 CST 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> Just to follow up, one of the posts from Patrick led me to a work
> around.
>
> First, supposedly the problem is fixed in svn_52 and newer.  I don't
> know exactly how one gets svn_52, unless Solaris Express Build 52 is
> the same thing.  I'm currently downloading Express Build 54, but I
> don't know if I will upgrade in a few days when I have it safely on CD
> at home or not.

A further follow-up

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=77054&#77054

quote from thread:
""
(For the curious, the reason ZFS triggers this when UFS doesn't is
because ZFS sends a synchronize cache command to the disk, which is not
handled in DMA mode by the controller; and for this particular
controller, switching between DMA and PIO mode has some quirks which
were worked around by adding delays. The fix involves a new
quirk-work-around.)
""

--Patrick