[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

Wed Jan 10 10:07:43 CST 2007

>> In any case, the graphics card on most of my machines usually does
>> 80x25 in 16 colours and displays a login prompt that nobody can see
>> anyway :)
> I tend to turn getty off on unconnected consoles.

I don't, because far too often something goes wrong unexpectedly and
needs console access to fix.  (Or, to put it another way, "unconnected"
!= "unconnectable".)

Of course, if your machines are on the other side of an ocean from you
or some such, this matters less.  And if your machines are saddled with
untrusted consoles and you want to raise the bar for someone trying to
leverage that into unauthorized access, this can be an effective way.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca