[rescue] Any Minneapolis area listers ?

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Wed Jan 10 01:26:26 CST 2007

> Whee! If they really need 2 TB, I'd suggest 4x 750 GB SATA drives in a
> RAID5 array on a reasonable MB/CPU combo with decent built-in HW SATA
> RAID (Like the Supermicro PDSGE with a 775 pin CPU of some kind)...

As per http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/PD/955/PDSGE.cfm
the PDSGE has no SATA RAID, just simple ICH7R SATA (3 Gbps) controller.
It can be used via vendor software RAID but it's usually better to just
use the software RAID of your operating system.

Using SATA RAID seems a good idea in this case but what ypu offered is
just software RAID.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)