[rescue] [geeks] Backlight issues - should I use AppleCare?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jan 6 15:37:44 CST 2007

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 01:18:09PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Fri, 05 Jan 2007 @ 22:43 -0600, Bill Bradford said:
> > Would I be a picky bitch if I took it in for AppleCare service?
> Hell no, your machine is broken, and they should fix it. From what I
> hear from some friends, Apple will fix things like this without issue.
> (looks lovingly at his perfect 204B and worries...)

Nope, apparently the "Genuis" at the Apple Store made up his mind before
he even UNPACKED THE MACHINE OUT OF THE BOX that any problems were caused
by "tar buildup" (my wife is a smoker, I am not - but she doesn't use the
machine) and were not covered under warranty.

They're going to have someone look at it tomorrow, but from the way he
wrote up the work order its not going to be covered.

I wrote it up in detail:

http://weblog.mrbill.net/archives/2007/01/06/bad-experience-with-applecare/

Bill

--