[rescue] sun solaris 10 and studio 11 free dvds

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 20 20:26:30 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 20:52, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
<snip>

> I ordered last summer and never got my DVDs either.  I finally ended up
> downloading, and then the stupid thing wouldn't install on my primary
> bog-standard PC.
>
> Sigh...
>
> This time around, I'm hoping that not only do I actually get the media, it
> will install on my local PC... :)

When I ordered it last time, I got 06/06 Update of Solaris 10 (Update 2)
about one week before Update 3 was released... I was of the opinion they
were trying to shed media kits that were about to be made obsolete...

It was nice - it was Solaris 10 for UltraSPARC, Solaris 10 x86/x64, and
a third disc with the Studio 11 comiler suite and other tools...

Lionel