[rescue] 480Mhz Cpu's in an Ultra 2 Chasis? Can it be done?

Phil Brutsche phil at tux.obix.com
Mon Feb 19 16:39:01 CST 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Also, I agree - you would have a very hard time finding a major retailer
> selling a system with anything resembling an install media kit - you get
> *re-installation* media, which is tuned to the system you have, includes
> all required drivers, and a huge collection of useless, CPU-cycle
> hogging applications and "free trials"...

A lot of times you don't even get that.

What used to be on CD/DVD media is now on a dedicated partition,
accessible through the MBR or through a "system restore" option ala
modern versions of Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage.

They make you buy a media kit (~ $25 US) if your HD dies.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at tux.obix.com