[rescue] 480Mhz Cpu's in an Ultra 2 Chasis? Can it be done?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:07:29 CST 2007

On 2/18/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm about to put Solaris x86 on my Mac Book Pro with Parallels - should
> be interesting - anyone else played with that? I was jazzed to see they
> mention Solaris right on the outside of the box, like *real* folks would
> buy it for that reason...
>
> Lionel

Jim Hughes[0] at Sun Tech Days Atlanta[1] had a Mac Book Pro and ran
Solaris. Not sure if it was under Parallels, although he mentioned
native and Parallels both worked nicely, when I mentionned I was about
to replace my old Dell D600 (running Solaris Nevada B54 at that time).
Jim is now Solaris Engineering CTO, fyi.

Francois

[0] http://research.sun.com/minds/2006-0208/
[1] http://developers.sun.com/events/techdays/2007/US_ATL.jsp