[rescue] sun solaris 10 and studio 11 free dvds

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:41:59 CST 2007

On 11/30/06, Francois Dion <francois.dion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not from me, but even better, from Sun so everyone on the list that
> wants one can probably get one:
>
> sun.com/solaris/freemedia
>
> It covers both Sparc and x86/x64 versions. Quite handy for those
> rescued machines or to have in your laptop bag or whatever.
>
> Francois

For those that missed it the first time around the above link now goes to:

http://www2.sun.de/dc/forms/reg_us_2211_391.jsp

This time, you can choose either Solaris 10 dvds or Solaris Express
Developer Edition dvds.

For those that dont know what that is, it is Solaris Nevada B55 or so
with Sun studio and netbeans and star office 8 and firefox 2 and
thunderbird and evolution 2.8 etc. all pre packaged, so it's all
installed and ready to go.

Nevada also uses 2.16.x gnome/jds (code name vermillion).

Francois