[rescue] Flakey E220r - advice sought...

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sun Feb 18 18:02:06 CST 2007

On Feb 18, 2007, at 1:20 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm wanting to put my E220r in to service, but it keeps
> resetting/rebooting ate random intervals.

Have you checked the logfiles?  In one case when a U1/170 was giving me
problems, the logfile showed it was a thermal related problem, which
was solved by better ventilation.  Another time ECC errors on a DIMM
were correctly diagnosed.

Also turn up the memory-test value to test all the RAM, and try booting
with max-diagnostics.

--Patrick