[rescue] 480Mhz Cpu's in an Ultra 2 Chasis? Can it be done?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Feb 15 19:13:47 CST 2007

" From: Mark Brown <sunrescue at marknmel.com>
"
" Strange question, that I don't have the answer to - hopefully someone
" here may.
"
" On my Ultra-2 (Dual 300's) - can I replace these with 480mhz cpu's from
" an E450?
"
" I realize this is an "unsupported" config, but is there a reason (heat,
" connection, physical, bus) that this won't work?

i don't think the obp will recognize them.  however there's a hack for
putting 400s into the u30 that may be usable.  i found a link to it at
craig dewick's site, sunshack.org.

side track: do these cpus have their own clock or do they take clock
via a multiplier from the bus?