[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 51, Issue 6

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 16:50:06 CST 2007

Sridhar Ayengar said:
<snip>

> You want dirt cheap?  Get a 43P-150.
>
> > Also, I can't find a reference online for any of the hardware newer than
> the
> > 7044/x70.  Rootvg.net doesn't seem to have had its timeline updated in a
> > while.
>
> The 7044-170 is more than new enough to run AIX 5.3.

If possible, I'd rather get something a little quicker than a 43p-150.  What
is the next step above the 43p/44p series, and what do they go for?  I'd be
willing to spend some more money, for a decent machine.  For comparison, my
other machines in the lab are an HP C3700, and a SunBlade 2000.   I just
don't want to spend thousands of $.  Up to $1k would be OK, if it's
worthwhile.

Also, if anyone has a machine reference for all the machines, 43p/44p and
newer, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
bc3c: there are only a few things people really want... food, shelter, and
no ED