[rescue] SGI demo from 1985

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Feb 5 16:10:33 CST 2007

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 02:56:47PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Joshua Boyd wrote:

>>> ffmpeg or mencoder should do the trick.
>> It works for conversion to avi.
>>
>> I can't seem to find a way to convert to mpeg.  The programs say that
>> mpeg doesn't support "15/1", which I assume is a frame rate.
>
> MPEG is picky about frame rates.  There is a way to make ffmpeg do a
> frame rate conversion as well.  I think you use the -r flag to set the
> output frame rate, like "-r 29.97".  At least that is what my notes say.

Didn't work for me.  I get the same error.

It says the output format doesn't support 15 fps.

You would think that doing a frame-rate conversion would fix that, but
it doesn't.

Seems like it should be easy: just double each frame in the output.

--
shannon /  Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the
-------'   range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime