[rescue] I've had it with my DeskJet 2500CM

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 5 06:44:14 CST 2007

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Anyone want a good deal on a semi-basketcase HP DeskJet 2500CM?  It
> prints perfectly well, when it prints.  But it'll print only on 8.5x11
> paper, will print only from tray 2, will do so only if there's paper in
> tray 1 (but won't use the paper in tray 1), and throws constant paper
> jams for no apparent reason.  But once it actually gets its gumption up
> to print the first page of a print job, it'll print its way through the
> rest of the job without a hitch.
>
> I'm utterly sick and tired of fighting this uncooperative thing.  Time
> to replace it with a decent color laser or laser-class printer.
> (Duplexing, the ability to handle heavy stock, and the ability to print
> 11x17 or larger would be good.)

(I should have mentioned, local pickup in the Nashua, NH area is
preferred.  This thing's not particularly heavy, but it's bulky, almost
three feet square.  Includes a sizeable box of ink cartridges and
replacement printheads.)

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438