[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 26 20:42:06 CDT 2007

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Tue, 24 Apr 2007 @ 14:37 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:
>> I had a few EISA cards that wouldn't seat without using levels of
>> force I was unwilling to use, until I beveled the edges of the
>> card-edge connector with fine wet-or-dry paper.
>
> Yeah, that happens now and then.
>
> EISA was infamous for being like that.  Not sure exactly why.

The problem, I think, was that the card socket was designed on the
assumption the edge of the card would be beveled, but most of the card
manufacturers (used to ISA and its sloppy tolerances) didn't bother.

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438