[rescue] More Sys Admin (and other) Openings

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Apr 25 12:36:53 CDT 2007

Geoff reminded me:

> You forgot to mention the food. :-)

   What, you think we get to eat the food for free?

   We have to pay to eat in the cafeterias [note: avoid them the first
month of every term!], and they no longer offer the cool one-day "Chef's
Choice" classes we used to take. (I took Pizza making once, and then a
ghastly "Holiday Hors d'Oevres" course that upset my stomach, and one
other. Instead, I got OSHA-compliant ladder safety training. *sigh*)

   Well, I must admit that they feed us well on Staff Appreciation Day
each fall, which is nice.

   And again, they lifted the "must relate to your job" restriction on
the full tuition reimbursement, so you could take culinary classes if
you don't mind wearing chef's whites whenever you're on campus. (No
knife kits in the Data Center, though!) One of our senior admins, the
SAN and Exchange guy, is a graduate of our Culinary Arts program. Eats a
lot of take-out food...

    And there's a program for free dependent's tuition, so we have seen
a couple of recent hires with teenagers in tow. :7)

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt
UIS Database Team Lead & UNIX System Administrator