[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Wed Apr 25 07:01:50 CDT 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 5:39 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> I love that - "Its in the door.  Good enough.  Fuck it."
>
> Well, while that sentiment was definitely present, it wasn't the only
> reason we left it at the door.  The name "Atomichron" is
> doubly-appropriate for that device--it doesn't break down any further.
> We couldn't figure out how to lift it into the living room (the
> diagonal
> is longer than the height of most of the rooms, as well as the
> negotiable distance around all the corners), and Dave was still in the
> process of unpacking, anyhow.

Indeed.  It would have to be disassembled to it's component parts
almost.

With a soldering iron.

> If we had five very strong, very -thin- men, we probably could've
> walked
> it in at just slight-enough of an angle to clear the doors, but, while
> Dave, Mike, and I are reasonably strong, none of us is very tiny.

I think the only way Dave is getting that thing in there would be to
take it horizontal through the back lanai (0) and then directly into
the living room before standing it back up.

Unfortunately that would require about 6 strong people minimum, I
think, to lift it and carry it that far.  Most dollys will bend and the
object is too tall to tilt any serious degree regardless.  (As we found
out putting it horizontal onto the tiny rolling "mover" to get it out
of the old house.  Thank goodness we had Johnathan's big shoulders or
the thing would have never gotten moved!)

You'd have to put heavy plywood from the front of the garage around to
the back patio too or you'd sink while carrying it.  You'd also have to
set it on the "mover" and roll it through the screen door on the patio
then pick it back up again to get it over the back threshold.  All this
without dropping it on a person or in the pool.

No easy moving task that thing is...

Mike Hebel
(0) Screened in porch around the back patio/pool area.
----
I met a lone man in the desert, a traveling priest, Nicholas D.
Wolfwood. He smiled and then he told me that I'm a troubled man. Faced
with his all seeing smile there was nothing I could say in my defense.
Did I meet this man because I was destined to or, was it simply by a
small jest of God? The man's name is Nicholas D. Wolfwood, a traveling
priest I met in the desert. - Vash