[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 24 10:19:27 CDT 2007

Mon, 23 Apr 2007 @ 16:35 -0400, Carl R. Friend said:

>     On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > While it may seem unorthodox to replace a CPU while sitting on
> > the floor [...]
>
>     Some of my best work has been done whilst sitting on the floor.
> On some machines it's the only way to get at certain components
> (KI-10 memory interface logic, for instance).

Years ago some people at work were evidently on a large manhunt to find
me, though I didn't know it at the time.

I had crawled into one of the computers because it was easier to work on
from the inside.

> > We're not exactly "normal".
>
>     Hey!
>
>     I prefer to think that we're perfectly normal for the circles
> we travel in, and the hobbies that we happen to have.  Everybody
> else is "odd".

For example, when the waitress asks if you want house or caesar salad,
why isn't the answer yes?

--
shannon           | We have nothing to prove.