[rescue] Sun wants money for patch bundles?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Apr 22 15:52:59 CDT 2007

Sat, 21 Apr 2007 @ 22:42 -0400, Sridhar Ayengar said:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > For some reason, BSD never seems to get much support, not even from the
> > people who push it all the time.
> >
> > I have given money to the BSD projects when I could, but I have a
> > feeling I'm one of a tiny few.
>
> As am I.
>
> > Linux, meanwhile, gets all the funding and attention.
>
> You'd have to admit, though, that the support that Linux gets helps the
> BSDs indirectly.  There's quite a bit of code-sharing going on.

Oh certainly, and I actually like Linux OK for the most part.

However, I started out on BSD and I think it has a lot of strengths that
are ignored by industry at large.

I also am not a big fan of the GPL. It might well be a necessary evil,
but evil it is.

--
shannon           |    Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth