[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Thu Apr 19 13:04:39 CDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> This is why I'm glad my E420r came loaded - I have no reason to pull either the CPUs or RAM riser, as all are maxed out...

the CPU's in the E420r are not particularly delicate (though i'm sure it's
_possible_ to dork up stuff, if you're "skilled" enough at trashing
equipment) actually less delicate than s-buss connectors[1].  it's only the
RAM expansion card that has the larger, very delicate connector.

-ron

[1] i've messed up a couple of s-buss connectors and managed to straighten
out the pins ok.