[rescue] Finding antique machines

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Wed Apr 18 15:18:49 CDT 2007

    On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Ahmed Ewing wrote:

> On 4/17/07, Carl R. Friend <crfriend at rcn.com> wrote:
>
>> [RCS/RI] at Atlantic Mills on Manton Ave in Providence, room 411.
>
> Wait. You've gotta be kidding me.

    Nope.  We had to move there last summer (2005) when we lost
the lease on our old space on Eagle Street (real-estate speculators
bought the building at the height of the RE bubble and were going
to turn the old mill into overpriced condos; it's still empty and
abandoned now) -- we've always been right in Providence.  You may
be thinking about RICM (the Rhode Island Computer Museum) which
used to be in North Kingstown and now is mostly out at Quonset
Point.

> (Incidentally, did the Big Top Flea close down? I thought I had heard
> something about that--if not, that would help get her on board for the
> trips down.)

    I don't recall off the top of my head whether it's called the
"Big Top" or not, but there's a big flea-market just about every
weekend (it makes parking for RCS/RI a pain).