[rescue] VMware (was: replacing an Ultra2)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 16 00:06:16 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 06:30:49AM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> I haven't compared Server and Workstation lately, but I'm not quite sure
> how they justify charging for Workstation when Server is free and
> (theoretically) offers more features...

Workstation has much better graphical performance, for running
GUI-intensive guest apps.  Doing X in RHEL4 (with VMWare Tools installed)
is just "barely acceptable" under VMWare Server, which it was much more
responsive under Workstation.

Fortunately for most of my RHEL4 testing, I just SSH into the VM from the
host system. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford