[rescue] Finding antique machines

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:59:35 CDT 2007

Hey everybody, me again.
For some time I've been kicking around the idea of starting up a sort
of Vintage Computing Club here at the Rochester Institute of
Technology. I think there's a few people here that would be
interested, but that's not the point of this email. I'm wondering: how
hard is it to find PDP-11's, VAXen, and similar old hardware these
days? We're in a decent-sized city; are there still businesses that
have these things in their basement, just waiting for a tax-deductable
donation? Or would I have to somehow connive RIT into giving me a
couple hundred bucks so I can go junkyard-searching? ;)
Thanks

John Floren
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn